What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to a user’s computer when a website is visited. The text stores information that the website is able to read when it is consulted at a later time. Some of these cookies are necessary for correct functioning of the website, while others are useful to the visitor because they can safely store, for example, the user name or language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed on your computer is that you no longer need to fill in the same information every time you wish to access a previously visited website. Cookies are also used to collect data on the website being visited and to track information on the use of the website by users. They are also used to optimise the use and functionality of the website and to improve the services being offered.
N.B.: the user can limit the functions of cookies by changing the settings of their browser, but these limitations can negatively impact on the user experience and functionality of our website.
Cookies are used to improve the services we offer you. Some are strictly necessary for the functionality of our website, while others allow us to optimise its performance and offer a better experience for our user.
Strictly necessary cookies are used to:
– Remember your login details;
– Remember the list of your favourite products (My Favourites).
Functional cookies are used to:
– Offer you safe browsing after logging in;
– Ensure a consistent appearance to the website;
Performance cookies are used to:
– Optimise the performance of our website by reducing the loading times of the pages you visit;
– Improve the user experience;
“Third party” cookies:
they come from other domains that contain elements, such as ads or images, incorporated into the page.
Visiting our website you may receive cookies both from our website and from websites managed by other organisations (“third parties”). A notable example is the presence of “social plugins” for social networks. These are parts of the visited page generated directly by the afore-mentioned websites and integrated into the host website page. The most common use of “social plugins” is aimed at sharing content on social networks.
– They allow a service to recognise your device and to avoid you having to enter the same information several times during an activity;
– They recognise that you have already provided a username and password when you logged in, so you needn’t repeat the operation for every web page requested;
– They calculate how many users are using the services, in order to facilitate their use and to ensure the necessary capacity for fast browsing;
– They analyse the data to help us understand how to improve our services.
As each browser – and often different versions of the same – also differs significantly from other ones, if you prefer to act independently through the preferences of your browser, you can find detailed information on the necessary procedure directly in the guide of your browser.
For an overview of the modes of action for the most common web browsers, you can visit: http://www.cookiepedia.co.uk/index.php?title=How_to_Manage_Cookies
Advertising companies also give the option, if desired, to opt out of receiving targeted advertisements. This does not prevent the setting of cookies, but interrupts the use and collection of certain data by these companies.
For further information and the possibility of opting out, visit the address: www.youronlinechoices.eu
Why this notice?
C.T.S. salotti s.r.l., with registered office in Carate Brianza (MB), 20831, Via Ada Negri n.5, as data controller of the processing of personal data pursuant to Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 and subsequent amendments and to the EU Regulation 679/2016, intends to inform you of the management methods of the website www.ctssalotti.com with reference to the processing of personal data of the users who consult it.
The Data Controller
The Data Controller of the website is C.T.S. salotti s.r.l. with registered office in Carate Brianza (MB), 20831, Via Ada Negri n.5.
The personal data subject to processing
“Personal Data” means any information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person with particular reference to an identifier such as the name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more characteristic elements of their physical, physiological, psychic, economic, cultural or social identity.
The Personal Data collected by the Website are as follows:
The computer systems of the Website collect certain Personal Data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This is information that is not collected to be associated with the user but which, by its very nature, could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow the user to be identified. These include the IP addresses or domain names of the devices used to connect to the website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the client operating system and to their IT environment.
These data are used in order to obtain anonymous statistical information on the use of the website and to check its correct functioning; to allow – given the architecture of the systems used – the correct provision of the various functions requested, for security reasons and to ascertain responsibility in the event of hypothetical computer crimes against the website or third parties and are deleted after 7 days.
Data provided voluntarily
Through the Website it is possible to voluntarily provide Personal Data such as name and e-mail address to register for the newsletter service and to be contacted. Specific information on data processing is available in the related areas.
Cookies and similar technologies
The Personal Data that you provide through the Website will be processed by C.T.S. salotti s.r.l. for the following purposes:
– purposes related to the execution of a contract of which you are a party or to the execution of pre-contractual measures adopted at your request (e.g.: contact request via the Contact form)
– purposes of statistical research/analysis on aggregate or anonymous data, therefore without the possibility of identifying the user, aimed at measuring the functioning of the Website, measuring traffic and evaluating usability and interest
– purposes related to the fulfilment of a legal obligation
– purposes necessary to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court or whenever the judicial authorities exercise their judicial functions.
The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data for the purposes referred to in section 1) is the provision of a service or the response to a request that does not require consent under the Applicable Law.
The provision of your Personal Data for the purposes listed above is optional, but failure to provide them could make it impossible to respond to your request or fulfil a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject.
Your Personal Data may be disclosed to subjects authorised by C.T.S. salotti s.r.l. for the provision of services offered by the website, appointed as data processors for this purpose.
Personal data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
C.T.S. salotti s.r.l. will process your Personal Data for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes indicated in the purposes.
In your capacity as a data subject, you hold the rights referred to in art. 7 of the Privacy Code and art. 15 et seq. of the GDPR, and precisely the rights to:
Obtain from the data controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and, in this case, to obtain access to personal data and to obtain the following information: the purposes of the processing; the categories of personal data in question; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular if they are recipients that are third countries or international organisations; when possible, the retention period of the personal data provided or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine this period; if the data are not collected from the data subject, all available information on their origin; the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling, and, at least in such cases, significant information on the logic used, as well as the importance and expected consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Obtain from the data controller the correction of inaccurate personal data concerning you without undue delay. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject has the right to obtain the integration of incomplete personal data, also by providing an additional declaration.
Obtain from the data controller the deletion of personal data concerning you without undue delay, if one of the following reasons exists:
- a) the personal data are no longer necessary with respect to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- b) the data subject revokes the consent on which the processing is based in accordance with article 6, paragraph 1, letter a), or article 9, paragraph 2, letter a), and if there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- c) the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to article 21, paragraph 1, and there is no legitimate overriding reason to proceed with the processing, or objects to the processing pursuant to article 21, paragraph 2;
- d) the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- e) the personal data must be deleted to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or according to the law of the Member State to which the data controller is subject;
- f) the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of services of the information company referred to in article 8, paragraph 1.
Obtain from the data controller the limitation of processing when one of the following hypotheses occurs:
- a) the data subject disputes the accuracy of the personal data, for the period necessary for the data controller to verify the accuracy of such personal data;
- b) the processing is unlawful and the data subject objects to the deletion of personal data and requests instead that their use be limited;
- c) although the data controller no longer needs them for processing purposes, the personal data are necessary for the data subject to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court;
- d) the data subject objected to the processing pursuant to article 21, paragraph 1, pending verification of the possible prevalence of the legitimate reasons of the data controller with respect to those of the data subject.
Receive in a format that is structured, commonly used and readable by an automatic device the personal data concerning you provided to a data controller and to transmit such data to another data controller without impediments by the data controller to whom you provided them if :
- a) the processing is based on a contract
- b) the processing is carried out by automated means. In exercising their rights regarding data portability, the data subject has the right to obtain the direct transmission of personal data from one data controller to another, if technically feasible.
Object at any time, for reasons connected with your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you pursuant to article 6, paragraph 1, letters e) or f), including profiling on the basis of these provisions. If personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, the data subject has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning them for these purposes, including profiling to the extent that it is connected to such direct marketing.
The right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or which significantly affects your person in a similar manner.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Requests should be sent via e-mail to the address: email@example.com